Yam & Zucchini Fritters with Cranberry Orange Chutney
These fritters are similar to a pancake or latkes. Serve with this chutney for a holiday twist. The chutney can be made in advance and stored for weeks in the refrigerator. It will work well on the dinner table pairs well with turkey or ham, so everyone can enjoy.
- 3 cups grated, peeled yams
- 2½ cups grated zucchini
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups finely ground almond flour
- 1 navel orange
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, cored and diced (peel, optional)
- 1 package (12 oz) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp candied ginger, chopped
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Chutney: Using a vegetable peeler, pare zest off of orange and cut into about 10 thin strips. Juice orange so you have 1 cup of juice.
- Pour the orange juice and cranberries into a pot. Add orange strips, vinegar, maple syrup, ginger and salt. Bring mixture to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes or until cranberries have burst. Remove lid and simmer 4 to 5 minutes longer until the chutney is thick. Taste and add more seasonings as desired. Cool and store in a jar until ready to use.
- Fritters: Preheat oven to 350°F. In a bowl combine mustard, olive oil, paprika, honey, salt, pepper and garlic; stir to combine. Add yams, zucchini, onion and almond flour; mix together with your hands then shape into patties, 2-inches by 1-inch thick.
- Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, sprayed with coconut oil or baking spray. Bake 40 minutes on one side, then flip and bake an additional 40 minutes until golden. Let fritters cool then eat topped with chutney!
Only the finest ingredients will do.
Before making these great dishes, be sure to stop by Relish Retail. We've stocked our store with items we love to use ourselves, including gourmet recipe essentials from around the world. From Spanish saffron to Madagascar vanilla, our pantry staples will help you add flourish to any meal.