White Bean Salad with Spring Vegetables
Here's a fresh take on a white bean salad. Nothing is better than a salad using the bounty of fresh spring vegetables – peas, radishes and chives, to name a few.
For the vinaigrette:
- 1/4 tsp kosher or sea salt, plus more if needed
- 2 tbsp red wine or sherry vinegar, plus more if needed
- 1 small shallot, finely minced
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups (2-19 oz) cans cooked white kidney beans
- 3/4 lb sugar snap peas, blanched (about 4 cups)
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, torn from stems
- 1/2 cup very thinly sliced fresh chives
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 cups young pea sprouts
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup shaved watermelon or breakfast radishes (from 2 to 3 radishes)
- To make the vinaigrette, in a small bowl, whisk together the salt, vinegar and the shallot and let stand for 10 minutes. Whisk in the mustard and then the olive oil until the vinaigrette is emulsified. Taste and add more salt or vinegar, if needed. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cannellini beans, snap peas, dill, chives and 1/4 cup (2 fl. oz./60 ml) of the vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Arrange on a large serving platter and garnish with the pea tendrils, cheese and radishes. Drizzle with the remaining vinaigrette just before serving.
Makes 4 to 6 servings
Only the finest ingredients will do.
Before making these great dishes, be sure to stop by Relish Retail. We've stocked our store with items we love to use ourselves, including gourmet recipe essentials from around the world. From Spanish saffron to Madagascar vanilla, our pantry staples will help you add flourish to any meal.