Whiskey Caramel Peaches
Add a sprinkling of Maldon sea salt for that salty-sweet caramel flavour combination that everyone seems to love.
- 4 to 6 freestone peaches (about 1 lb), halved and pitted
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp whiskey, amber rum or bourbon, optional
- Vanilla ice cream
- Maldon salt flakes, optional
- In a medium bowl, toss together peaches, lemon juice, salt and cinnamon. Set aside for 1 hour to draw out some of the peach juices.
- In a large skillet, melt butter and sugar over medium heat. Add peach mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, until caramelized, about 5 minutes. If using whiskey, add to the skillet and cook until reduced, about 1 minute.Serve immediately over vanilla ice cream. Sprinkle each peach with a few Maldon salt flakes if desired
These Are Perfect For This Recipe
This is our favourite way to quickly and easily juice lemons. The inverted juicing mechanism reduced unwanted pulp and the unique stainless steel gear mechanism dramatically increases juicing power.
Naturally enhance the flavours of your food with this pure and flaky sea salt. Ideal for cooking or seasoning dishes for a clean, fresh taste without the bitterness. Simply crush over foods. Made only using traditional methods with no additives.
Makes 4 to 6 servings
Only the finest ingredients will do.
Before making these great dishes, be sure to stop by Relish Retail. We've stocked our store with items we love to use ourselves, including gourmet recipe essentials from around the world. From Spanish saffron to Madagascar vanilla, our pantry staples will help you add flourish to any meal.