The Ultimate Grilled Cheese with Pears and Havarti
The nuttiness of the cheese is the perfect foil for the crisp pears. For a flavour change use apple slices and gorgonzola or cambazola.
- 1 pear, quartered, cored & thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Stonewall Kitchen mango chutney
- 1 cup Havarti cheese
- 8 -½-inch thick slices bread
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- Toss pear slices with lemon juice to prevent from turning brown.
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise and chutney.
- Butter one side of the bread, and lay buttered side down on parchment paper. Spread with some of the mayonnaise chutney mixture. Lay pears on top of mayonnaise, add cheese and top with a second slice of bread, buttered side up.
- Heat a cast iron pan on medium high until hot. Brush pan with melted butter. Place 2 sandwiches in the pan. Cook until the bread is golden brown, flip and toast second side until the cheese is melted, about 4 minutes. Repeat with remaining sandwiches. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 portions
Only the finest ingredients will do.
Before making these great dishes, be sure to stop by Relish Retail. We've stocked our store with items we love to use ourselves, including gourmet recipe essentials from around the world. From Spanish saffron to Madagascar vanilla, our pantry staples will help you add flourish to any meal.