The Green-Ginger Breakfast Morning Smoothie
Making smoothies with milk, yogurt, tofu or fortified soy milk is a good way to add bone-building calcium and protein to your diet. And, it makes a most refreshing 'pick-me-up' drink!
- 1 cup water, soy milk, almond milk or or yogurt
- 1 cup packed kale (I have been using the frozen chopped found in the freezer of the health foods section)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 green apple, cored and chopped
- 1/4 cup frozen sliced strawberries or mango, optional or 1 banana (I'm not a fan, so I use other fruit instead).
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp raw honey
- Combine all the ingredients into a blender or food process and process until smooth.
Smoothies can be made easily with the Bamix Swissline Immersion Blender. Assorted sizes available.
No time in the morning? Use these French Working Jars to store. $2.49 – $4.99
Only the finest ingredients will do.
Before making these great dishes, be sure to stop by Relish Retail. We've stocked our store with items we love to use ourselves, including gourmet recipe essentials from around the world. From Spanish saffron to Madagascar vanilla, our pantry staples will help you add flourish to any meal.