Sunflower Seed Pate
As a bit of a health and exercise nut, this vegan recipe is one that our part-time student Claire likes to prepare time and time again. It was featured in holistic nutritionist Dana Rourke’s class. She loves that it was cheap, versatile, and ready in five minutes. It can be used it as a dip, sandwich spread, or dollop on salads. It’s easy to re-invent by swapping the herbs or adding different vegetables to dye the colour: roasted red peppers, beets, etc. Enjoy!
- 3 cups sunflower seeds
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp dry dill (or 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill)
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped ginger
- 2 to 3 ribs of celery, roughly cut
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- Place sunflower seeds in a bowl and cover with water. Soak for at least 30 minutes or until soft. Drain and set aside.
- Using a food processor, add in the garlic, lemon juice, dill, ginger, celery and salt. Blend until smooth and no chunks remain.
- Add in the sunflower seeds, and run the machine until a smooth paté has formed. Taste for seasoning and adjust seasonings if necessary.
Only the finest ingredients will do.
Before making these great dishes, be sure to stop by Relish Retail. We've stocked our store with items we love to use ourselves, including gourmet recipe essentials from around the world. From Spanish saffron to Madagascar vanilla, our pantry staples will help you add flourish to any meal.