Strawberry Summer Sangria
This recipe is a change from the traditional version, and is lighter and not so alcoholic, making it perfect for summer sipping.
Strawberry Thyme Syrup
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups diced fresh strawberries
- 1 small orange, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup peach schnapps or flavoured vodka
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 bottle (750mL) chilled Spanish rose wine
- Ice cubes
- Strawberry-Thyme Syrup: In a small pot, bring water and sugar to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Boil for 1 minute then add the thyme and strawberries. Remove from heat, let cool to room temperature, then strain, pressing to extract out all the syrup. (This can be made up to 1 week ahead)
- Sangria: In a large pitcher, mix together diced strawberries, orange slices, peach schnapps and lemon juice. Add the syrup and mix. Chill for 2 to 3 hours. Add wine and enough ice cubes to fill the pitcher. Stir well and serve.
Make 7 cups
Only the finest ingredients will do.
Before making these great dishes, be sure to stop by Relish Retail. We've stocked our store with items we love to use ourselves, including gourmet recipe essentials from around the world. From Spanish saffron to Madagascar vanilla, our pantry staples will help you add flourish to any meal.