Smoky Paprika Chicken Thighs with Kale and Roasted Red Peppers
This all-in-one pan dinner is perfect for chasing the winter blues away. For an extra kick of flavour, try using a mixture of hot and sweet paprika.
- 8 chicken thighs, bone-in, skin on
- 1 lb fingerling potatoes, sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 red pepper, stems removed and cut into quarters
- 1 bunch kale, stemmed and cut crosswise into 2-inch strips
- 1 large onion, thickly sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and left whole
- Smoked sweet paprika
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, red pepper, kale, onion and garlic. Toss with olive oil to coat all the vegetables well. Pour out onto parchment paper lined baking pan. Season with salt, pepper and 2 tbsp of smoked paprika.
- Rub chicken thighs with leftover oil from vegetables, adding any additional oil if necessary. Sprinkle with 1 tbsp of smoked paprika and salt and pepper. Place chicken on top of vegetables, skin side up.
- Roast in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 F and continue to roast for 25 to 30 minutes or until internal temperature is 170 F, chicken is golden brown on top and juices run clear when skin is pierced.
- Transfer onto serving platter and serve with freshly squeezed lemon juice over top.
Makes 4 servings
Only the finest ingredients will do.
Before making these great dishes, be sure to stop by Relish Retail. We've stocked our store with items we love to use ourselves, including gourmet recipe essentials from around the world. From Spanish saffron to Madagascar vanilla, our pantry staples will help you add flourish to any meal.