Smoky Chicken Thighs with Kale and Roasted Red Peppers
If you are looking for a comforting warm weather all-in-one meal, this dish is sure to fit the bill. Look for plump meaty bone-in, skin on chicken thighs, but remove the skin before eating. For an extra kick, use Hot Smoked Paprika in place of the sweet one.
- 8 chicken thighs, bone-in, skin on
- 1 lb, fingerling potatoes, sliced in half, lengthwise
- 2 red bell peppers, quartered
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed, and leaves chopped
- 2 onions, quartered
- 8 whole cloves garlic, skins removed
- 2 tbsp smoked sweet paprika
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a roasting or baking pan (with sides) with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, red pepper, kale, onion and garlic cloves; drizzle with about 1/4 cup olive oil and toss to coat well (adding a little more oil if necessary). Turn out vegetables onto prepared roasting pan.
- Place chicken thighs, skin-side up, over top of vegetables. Brush any remaining oil from vegetable bowl onto chicken thighs. Sprinkle chicken with smoked paprika and season with salt and pepper..
- Roast in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 F and continue roasting for 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is golden and juices run clear with chicken is pierced with a fork. (If you want to check internal temperature of meat with an instant read thermometer, temperature should be 170 F).
- Before serving, squeeze lemon over top of chicken and vegetables.
Tip: To easily remove the kale leaves from the stalk try using the Chef’n Kale and Greens Stripper $11.99.
Makes 4 servings
Only the finest ingredients will do.
Before making these great dishes, be sure to stop by Relish Retail. We've stocked our store with items we love to use ourselves, including gourmet recipe essentials from around the world. From Spanish saffron to Madagascar vanilla, our pantry staples will help you add flourish to any meal.