Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles and Roasted Tomatoes
Quick and easy shrimp scampi, shrimp sautéed with garlic in butter, olive oil, and white wine, tossed with red pepper flakes and parsley is made a little lighter when served with zucchini noodles instead of pasta.
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 lb (16-24) shrimp, shelled, deveined and tails removed
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- Pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup white wine, chicken broth or shrimp broth
- 4 medium zucchini, cut into noodles
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 tbsp fresh basil or parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Place tomatoes in a bowl. Toss with 1 tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake in oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until skins pop and tomatoes are slightly browned. Set aside. (These can also be grilled on the barbecue in foil.)
- Spiralize zucchini and set aside. Zest lemon then squeeze juice.
- Heat remaining oil and butter in a pan over medium-high heat until frothing. Add shrimp and cook for 2 minutes, then add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute longer. Transfer shrimp to a bowl and set aside.
- To the pan add the white wine and lemon juice, scraping up the bits from the bottom of the pan. Simmer for 2 minutes. Add zucchini noodles and cook until just tender, about 2 minutes. Add the cooked shrimp, lemon zest and basil into the pan, tossing everything to warm through; remove from heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon into large bowls and top with roasted tomatoes. Enjoy immediately! (You may want to use some bread to soak up the juices that will remain on the plate!)
Makes 4 servings
Only the finest ingredients will do.
Before making these great dishes, be sure to stop by Relish Retail. We've stocked our store with items we love to use ourselves, including gourmet recipe essentials from around the world. From Spanish saffron to Madagascar vanilla, our pantry staples will help you add flourish to any meal.