Shredded Brussel Sprouts with Proscuitto & Pine Nuts
This Lucy Waverman recipe will certainly become a favourite of non-brussels sprouts eaters because it tastes very different from how whole brussels sprouts are usually served. Shredding them gives the dish a whole new look. Make earlier in the day and reheat when needed.
- 1 ½ lbs (750 g) brussels sprouts
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 6 slices prosciutto, chopped
- ¾ cup pine nuts
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Remove root end and core from brussels sprouts, cut in half and thinly slice.
- Heat oil in skillet on medium-high heat. Add prosciutto. Sauté until beginning to crisp. Add sprouts and sauté for 3 minutes. Cover pan and cook 2 minutes longer or until sprouts are crisp-tender.
- Toss in pine nuts, sauté 1 minute and season with salt and pepper.
Makes 8 servings
Only the finest ingredients will do.
Before making these great dishes, be sure to stop by Relish Retail. We've stocked our store with items we love to use ourselves, including gourmet recipe essentials from around the world. From Spanish saffron to Madagascar vanilla, our pantry staples will help you add flourish to any meal.