Scrambled Eggs and Smoked Salmon Breakfast Pizza
My friend Melisa Sandrock served this on a cottage weekend for brunch. It originated in a cookbook by author Ann Lindsay for the Heart and Stroke Foundation. You can make your own focaccia or buy one pre-made, about 10 to 12 inches in diameter. It's a perfect dish to serve to Mom on Mother's Day.
- 1 cup sour cream (low fat is fine)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 focaccia bread, 12-inches in diameter
- 8 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp butter
- 4 oz thinly sliced smoked salmon, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley or dill
- In a small bowl mix together sour cream, green onions and mustard; set aside.
- Heat focaccia bread in 350°F oven for 10 minutes
- In a bowl whisk together eggs, egg white, milk, salt and pepper.
- In a large non-stick skillet heat butter over medium-high heat. Add eggs and stir gently until scrambled.
- Spread sour cream mixture over hot focaccia. Spoon scrambled eggs over sour cream. Top with smoked salmon and sprinkle with parsley and/or dill. Serve warm or at room temperature, cut into wedges.
Makes 8 servings
Only the finest ingredients will do.
Before making these great dishes, be sure to stop by Relish Retail. We've stocked our store with items we love to use ourselves, including gourmet recipe essentials from around the world. From Spanish saffron to Madagascar vanilla, our pantry staples will help you add flourish to any meal.