Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chewy, chocolatey and super delicious...need we say more?
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 whole large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Fleur de Sel or kosher salt* (but not table salt)
- 1 - 2 cups chocolate chip cookies
- Preheat oven to 350F. Melt butter and cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, cream together melted butter, brown and white sugar on high speed with an electric mixer. Add vanilla, egg, egg yolk and beat until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour and baking soda. Stir in salt. Add the dry ingredients and mix on low until everything is incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Using a spoon, form equal size rounds of dough and drop into baking tray. Make sure to leave enough space between each cookie as they will spread out a bit as they bake. Pinch a few extra grains of Fleur de Sel on top of each cookie.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes before baking. Bake in preheated oven for 13 to 15 minutes or until edges turn a light golden colour. Once done, cool for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Cool before serving (if you can wait!)
Cooks Note: There are a few things that make these chocolate chip cookies a little different. First, the amount of chocolate chips you use depends on how chocolaty you want the cookies to be. Also using melted butter rather than room temperature butter makes the cookies a little chewier.
Makes 36 cookies
Only the finest ingredients will do.
Before making these great dishes, be sure to stop by Relish Retail. We've stocked our store with items we love to use ourselves, including gourmet recipe essentials from around the world. From Spanish saffron to Madagascar vanilla, our pantry staples will help you add flourish to any meal.