Roasted Butternut Squash Coconut Curry
Quick and easy meals always have a place in our kitchen, and this Roasted Butternut Squash Curry fits the bill. What also love that it is also dairy and gluten free.
- ½ butternut squash, peeled and cubed (about 2 cups)
- Olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) chickpeas , rinsed and drained (about 2 cups)
- ¼ cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- Pinch hot pepper flakes
- 2 tsp mild curry paste* or curry powder
- 1 can (14 oz/400 mL) coconut milk
- 1 ½ cups packed baby spinach leaves
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Naan bread
- Preheat oven to 400° In a bowl toss squash with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Turn out onto a parchment paper-lined rimmed baking sheet. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes or until tender but not mushy.
- In a large skillet heat another splash of olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook about 10 minutes until softened. Add garlic, chickpeas, sun-dried tomatoes, ginger, hot pepper flakes and curry paste. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until fragrant. Add coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Add roasted squash, spinach and lemon juice. Cover and cook about 10 minutes longer or until sauce has thickened to your liking. Serve with rice or naan bread
Makes 4 servings
Only the finest ingredients will do.
Before making these great dishes, be sure to stop by Relish Retail. We've stocked our store with items we love to use ourselves, including gourmet recipe essentials from around the world. From Spanish saffron to Madagascar vanilla, our pantry staples will help you add flourish to any meal.