Roasted Asparagus With Toasted Hazelnut Vinaigrette
This makes a wonderful dish on the Easter dinner table, but is also perfect for serving alongside barbecued meats such as poultry and pork. Take advantage of the local asparagus that will soon be making its way to your supermarket and roadside stands. Tastes great as a cold salad too.
- 2 lbs fresh Ontario asparagus
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Freshly grated black pepper
Toasted Hazelnut Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 3 tbsps white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 7 tbsps walnut or hazelnut oil
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered or chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Asparagus: Snap woody ends off asparagus; place on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Shake pan to coat asparagus with oil.
- Bake in preheated oven, shaking pan halfway through, for 12 to 15 minutes or until tendercrisp.
- Vinaigrette: In a small bowl, combine shallots, vinegar, Dijon mustard and walnut oil; stir to combine. Drizzle over roasted asparagus and top with toasted hazelnuts.
Makes 4-6 servings
Only the finest ingredients will do.
Before making these great dishes, be sure to stop by Relish Retail. We've stocked our store with items we love to use ourselves, including gourmet recipe essentials from around the world. From Spanish saffron to Madagascar vanilla, our pantry staples will help you add flourish to any meal.