Red Pepper, Kale & Prosciutto Skillet Frittata
This dish can be served for breakfast or dinner. Start it on the stove top then transfer to the oven and finish under the boiler. A good non-stick pan will allow you to cook this dish all three ways.
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1⅔ cups (5 ounces) grated Gruyère or Jarlsberg cheese
- ½ tsp sea salt, plus extra for seasoning
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 oz prosciutto, torn into bite-size pieces
- ¼ cup minced onions
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 cups packed kale, stripped from stem and torn into bite-size pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs, half-and-half, mustard, ½ teaspoon of salt, and pepper together. Stir in cheese.
- Heat oil in a 10-inch ovenproof non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add prosciutto and cook stirring frequently, until crispy, about 5 minutes. Add onions and cook until translucent, about 1 minute. Lower heat to medium-low, add pepper and kale, and cook until the pepper is softened and kale is wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Spread out vegetables evenly and pour in egg mixture. Cook until the bottom is set, about 3 minutes, and then transfer skillet to the oven. Bake until eggs are set on top, about 15 minutes.
- Place the frittata skillet under the broiler, 4 to 6 inches from the heat until the top is golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove and let rest for a few minutes; frittata will pull away from the sides of pan. Slice in the pan or else flip frittata onto a plate and serve.
Makes 6 portions
Only the finest ingredients will do.
Before making these great dishes, be sure to stop by Relish Retail. We've stocked our store with items we love to use ourselves, including gourmet recipe essentials from around the world. From Spanish saffron to Madagascar vanilla, our pantry staples will help you add flourish to any meal.