Raspberry Lemon Granita
No ice cream maker? No problem. You can easily make this frozen dessert with just a little freezer space and a mound of the freshest seasonal dessert.
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 pints fresh raspberries (about 6 oz each)
- Bring water, sugar and lemon juice to a boil in a medium saucepan, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Place raspberries and cooled lemon syrup in a blender and puree. Strain raspberry mixture through fine-mesh sieve to remove seeds. Discard seeds.
- Pour strained mixture into 13 x 9-inch glass or metal baking pan. Place in freezer and chill about 1 hour or until edges begin to freeze. Using a fork, scrape mixture towards center of pan. Repeat every 30 minutes until mixture is frozen and flaky, about 1 1/2 hours longer. Cover and keep frozen until ready to serve. Granita can be made up to 2 days ahead.
Makes 8 servings
Only the finest ingredients will do.
Before making these great dishes, be sure to stop by Relish Retail. We've stocked our store with items we love to use ourselves, including gourmet recipe essentials from around the world. From Spanish saffron to Madagascar vanilla, our pantry staples will help you add flourish to any meal.