Radishes with Lemon and Herbes De Provence
Blanching radishes helps preserve their vibrant colour and crunch while ever so slightly mellowing their natural spicy bite.
- 1 lb radishes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried Herbes de Provence
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Trim the top and stem ends off radishes, then slice them in half. Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add radishes and cook until tender crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain
- Heat oil in a skillet. Add radishes cut-side down and herbes de Provence. Saute 2 to 3 minutes until their white faces have browned a little, but they’re still firm inside.
- Remove from the pan, sprinkle with a little more salt, lemon zest, and some minced parsley. Eat and enjoy; they’re best when they’re piping-hot.
Makes 4 to 6 servings
Only the finest ingredients will do.
Before making these great dishes, be sure to stop by Relish Retail. We've stocked our store with items we love to use ourselves, including gourmet recipe essentials from around the world. From Spanish saffron to Madagascar vanilla, our pantry staples will help you add flourish to any meal.