Some recipes call for pumpkin cheesecakes to be cooked in a water bath; however, there is enough sour cream, cheese and pumpkin in this recipe to preserve the moisture. The mildly sweet crust is a perfect accompaniment to the flavors of the filling.
- 1½ cups gingersnap cookies crumbs
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) pure pumpkin puree
- 3 pkg (227 g EACH) cream cheese
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 5 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 ½ tbsp bourbon, optional
- Stonewall Kitchen Dulce de Leche Sauce, optional
- Combine the cookie crumbs and melted butter in a bowl; stir to combine then press into a 9-inch springform pan.
- Place a layer of paper towel on a baking sheet and place pumpkin onto paper towel, then cover with another layer of paper towel; let stand for 5 minutes to absorb excess moisture. Once drained, combine pumpkin and sour cream together; set aside.
- In a large bowl with electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and pumpkin pie spice, blend until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, blending well after each one. Add vanilla paste and salt. Add pumpkin/sour cream mixture and bourbon, if using and blend until smooth. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 60 – 75 minutes until the edges are firm and the centre of the cheesecake is slightly jiggly.
- Transfer to a rack and cool for 1 hour. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight. Drizzle top with Stonewall Kitchen Dulce de Leche sauce before serving.
Serves 12 - 14
Only the finest ingredients will do.
Before making these great dishes, be sure to stop by Relish Retail. We've stocked our store with items we love to use ourselves, including gourmet recipe essentials from around the world. From Spanish saffron to Madagascar vanilla, our pantry staples will help you add flourish to any meal.