Pumpkin Chickpea Curry
This is such an easy one-pot meal that will save your weeknights – and besides, who couldn’t use an extra excuse to buy more cans of pumpkin this time of year? Enjoy!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 11/2 tsp curry powder (store-bought or homemade)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp chili powder (or more depending on your spice preference)
- 1 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 15 oz cans of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup veggie broth
- 2 cups of chopped kale
- rice and flatbread to serve
- cilantro and lime for garnish
- In a large dutch oven, add the olive oil and bring the pot up to a medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and cook for about 2 minutes until slightly translucent. Then add the garlic and all of the spices and cook for about 5 minutes until the spices have slightly toasted.
- Add the tomatoes, pumpkin puree, chickpeas, and veggie broth to the mix. Cover the pot and let simmer for about 10 – 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chickpeas are tender.
- Uncover the pot and add the chopped kale. continue to simmer, uncovered, for about 5 minutes until the kale has slightly wilted. Taste and adjust salt as needed.
- Remove pot from the heat and serve warm over rice or with flatbreads, garnished with chopped cilantro and lime juice. Enjoy!
Makes 5 servings
Only the finest ingredients will do.
Before making these great dishes, be sure to stop by Relish Retail. We've stocked our store with items we love to use ourselves, including gourmet recipe essentials from around the world. From Spanish saffron to Madagascar vanilla, our pantry staples will help you add flourish to any meal.