Pan Seared Duck Breast
For the Duck:
- 3 large duck breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 50 g butter
- 200 ml chicken stock
- 100 ml raspberry vinegar
- 50 ml balsamic vinegar
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- lemon juice to taste
For the Duck:
- Slice the duck fat in diagonals across each breast with a sharp knife. Season generously with salt & pepper
- Starting with a cold cast iron pan, sear the duck breast at medium high heat on both sides, but mostly on the skin side in order to crisp the skin and render the fat.
- Finish by roasting the duck breast in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Let the breasts rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
For the Sauce Framboise:
- Saute the finely chopped shallot in the duck juices until just starting to take colour then add the balsamic vinegar and let it reduce slightly.
- Add the raspberry vinegar and let it reduce until thick.
- Add the chicken stock and reduce by half.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Whisk in butter and serve over sliced duck.
Only the finest ingredients will do.
Before making these great dishes, be sure to stop by Relish Retail. We've stocked our store with items we love to use ourselves, including gourmet recipe essentials from around the world. From Spanish saffron to Madagascar vanilla, our pantry staples will help you add flourish to any meal.