Mini Grilled Cheese Sandwiches with Garlic Onion Jam
These mini grilled cheese sandwiches made with aged cheddar and spread of your choice make a delicious easy summer appetizer or meal with a salad on the side.
- 1 French baguette
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Garlic Onion Jam*, Mango Chutney* or Loco Lizardos Cranberry Cabernet or Red Pepper Jelly*
- Aged Cheddar cheese
- Baby arugula
- Olive oil
- Optional: Granny Smith apple, fresh peach or pear slices
- Heat non-stick skillet or Panini maker.
- Slice French baguette on the diagonal and brush one side with olive oil.
- Slice Cheddar cheese into small slices around the same size as the bread. Add arugula and sliced fruit on top of cheese if using.
- Spread jam, chutney or jelly on other side of the bread and press together to make a sandwich. Brush second side of bread lightly with olive oil.
- Grill over medium-low heat, turning once until lightly golden and cheese is melted and oozing.
Only the finest ingredients will do.
Before making these great dishes, be sure to stop by Relish Retail. We've stocked our store with items we love to use ourselves, including gourmet recipe essentials from around the world. From Spanish saffron to Madagascar vanilla, our pantry staples will help you add flourish to any meal.