Kicked Up Devilled Eggs
No family party is complete without some rockin' deviled eggs. These two bite treats are super easy to make and they are pretty darn delicious to boot. If mayo isn't your thing, try throwing in avocado, Sriracha, bacon, even blue cheese...your imagination is the only thing holding you back!
- 12 large eggs
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp (or more) prepared horseradish
- 2 tbsp green relish or chopped pickles plus a 2 tsp pickle juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Kosher salt
- Smoked paprika
- 3 tbsp toasted Italian breadcrumbs, optional
- Chopped parsley
- Peel hard cooked eggs then cut in half lengthwise. Place yolks in a bowl and trim small slice off bottom of egg white halves (so they balance on the plate). Place on tray, cavity side up.
- Mash yolks until smooth. Add mayonnaise, 3 tablespoons horseradish, relish, Dijon, garlic powder, pepper, and salt to yolks; process until smooth. Adjust seasonings, adding more horseradish if desired.
- Transfer filling to pastry bag fitted with 1/4-inch plain tip. Pipe filling into cavities of egg whites. Garnish with toasted breadcrumbs, parsley and a sprinkle of smoked paprika.
Makes 24 portions
Only the finest ingredients will do.
Before making these great dishes, be sure to stop by Relish Retail. We've stocked our store with items we love to use ourselves, including gourmet recipe essentials from around the world. From Spanish saffron to Madagascar vanilla, our pantry staples will help you add flourish to any meal.