Herbed Goat Cheese Terrine
A perfect starter and uses a variety of herbs to season a simple log of goat cheese. We love to serve it with crudites of vegetables or crackers.
- ½ lb goat cheese (about 1 cup)
- 2 tbsp whipping cream, more if needed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or lemon olive oil; more for drizzling
- 2 tbsp dry white wine
- Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh herbs (choose at least two) including parsley, chives, tarragon, dill, thyme or oregano
- 1 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
- In In a food processor, add goat cheese, olive oil and wine (or mix in a bowl with a wooden spoon.) Pulse 4 or 5 times just to blend, mixture should be spreadable; if its too thick add another 1 or 2 tbsp of cream and pulse again. Season with salt and pepper; pulse again, adjusting the seasoning as needed.
- Reserve 1 tsp of the herbs for sprinkling over the top and add the rest to the food processor. Add 2 tsp of the lemon zest. Pulse once more to blend.
- Line a small round bowl or cup with plastic wrap and fill the cheese mixture. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- To serve, invert the bowl onto serving platter and peel off the plastic. With the back of a spoon, level off the top of the cheese and make a small depression. Drizzle oil over the top. Sprinkle with reserved herb mixture and lemon zest. Arrange crackers around the cheese and allow guests to serve themselves.
Makes 1 cup.
Only the finest ingredients will do.
Before making these great dishes, be sure to stop by Relish Retail. We've stocked our store with items we love to use ourselves, including gourmet recipe essentials from around the world. From Spanish saffron to Madagascar vanilla, our pantry staples will help you add flourish to any meal.