Grilled Peaches with Bourbon-Spiked Whipped Cream
This has to be one of the easiest and most delicious way to eat peaches (short of standing over the sink and letting the juice drip down your chin.) If you can't use an outdoor grill, consider making this indoors with a cast iron grill pan - a great addition to the arsenal of kitchen cookware.
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp bourbon, amber rum, amaretto or liqueur of your choice
- 6 peaches, halved, pits removed
- Olive oil
- Beat whip cream with electric mixer until it starts to thicken. Add bourbon, sugar and vanilla and continue to whip until soft peaks form. Refrigerate.
- Preheat grill or grill pan. Brush cut side of peaches with olive oil and place on hot grill, cut side down. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until grill marks appear, peaches are warmed through and slightly softened.
- Place in a serving bowl, grill side up and top with whipped cream.
Makes 6 servings
Only the finest ingredients will do.
Before making these great dishes, be sure to stop by Relish Retail. We've stocked our store with items we love to use ourselves, including gourmet recipe essentials from around the world. From Spanish saffron to Madagascar vanilla, our pantry staples will help you add flourish to any meal.