Frittata with Potato and Boursin cheese
For a more casual affair, you can serve this frittata straight out of the skillet, without inverting onto a plate. Serve with a green salad for a complete easy and quick weeknight meal.
- 8 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups peeled and diced yukon gold potatoes (or frozen shredded hash brown potatoes)
- 1-2 bunch scallions (green onions), chopped ( about 1 cup)
- 1 (5-oz) package Boursin garlic-herb cheese, chilled
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 375°F.
- Whisk together eggs, salt, and pepper until just combined.
- Heat oil in an ovenproof 9- to 10-inch heavy nonstick skillet over high heat until very hot but not smoking. Add potatoes stirring once, then cover and cook until beginning to brown, about 4 minutes. Add the scallions and continue to cook covered another 2 minutes. Stir potato mixture once, then cover and cook 3 minutes more.
- Pour beaten eggs evenly over potato mixture and crumble cheese over eggs. Transfer skillet to oven and bake frittata, uncovered, until set and just cooked through, about 15 minutes. Invert a plate over skillet and, holding them together with oven mitts, invert frittata onto plate and serve immediately.
Only the finest ingredients will do.
Before making these great dishes, be sure to stop by Relish Retail. We've stocked our store with items we love to use ourselves, including gourmet recipe essentials from around the world. From Spanish saffron to Madagascar vanilla, our pantry staples will help you add flourish to any meal.