Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes with Cinnamon Maple Syrup
Tall and fluffy. These pancakes are just right. Topped with fresh raspberries or blueberries they are impossible to resist.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp melted butter, cooled
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Ontario maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Vegetable oil or butter for cooking
- Fresh blueberries or raspberries
- Whipped cream, optional
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk together to combine.
2. In another bowl, whisk melted butter and egg into buttermilk.
3. Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and stir just until moistened.
4. Meanwhile, heat griddle or large skillet over strong medium-high heat. Brush griddle generously with oil. When water splashed on surface confidently sizzles, pour batter, about 1/4 cup at a time, onto griddle, making sure not to overcrowd. When pancake bottoms are brown and top surface starts to bubble, 2 to 3 minutes, flip cakes and cook until remaining side has browned, 1 to 2 minutes longer. Re-oil the skillet and repeat for the next batch of pancakes.
5. In a small saucepan whisk together maple syrup and remaining cinnamon in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat until bubbling. Serve with hot syrup and berries.
Makes 4 servings
Only the finest ingredients will do.
Before making these great dishes, be sure to stop by Relish Retail. We've stocked our store with items we love to use ourselves, including gourmet recipe essentials from around the world. From Spanish saffron to Madagascar vanilla, our pantry staples will help you add flourish to any meal.