Egg Ribbon & Parmesan Soup
This is one of the easiest and most comforting soups you can make after a long day at school or work. If you have eggs, you have a meal. Purchase low sodium chicken broth but homemade is best. Students, buy the best quality Parmesan cheese you can afford (and preferably not the one in the "green" can.)
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese, plus a little more for garnish
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup tiny pasta (such as stars, acini de pepe or orzo)
- Chopped fresh Italian parsley, optional, especially if you are a student
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese to blend.
- In a large pot, bring chicken broth to a simmer. Add pasta. Cover and simmer about 6 minutes until pasta is tender.
- Gradually add egg mixture to soup, stirring constantly until egg ribbons form, about 1 minute. Stir one minute longer.
- Ladle into bowls, and sprinkle with parsley if using. Garnish with additional Parmesan cheese.
Want more great Student Survival 101 recipes and ideas? Read our blog “No More Freshman 15” and send us an email. We would be happy to send you some of our great tips and recipes for surviving away from Mom!
Makes 4 servings
Only the finest ingredients will do.
Before making these great dishes, be sure to stop by Relish Retail. We've stocked our store with items we love to use ourselves, including gourmet recipe essentials from around the world. From Spanish saffron to Madagascar vanilla, our pantry staples will help you add flourish to any meal.