Crunchy Noodle Cakes With Hoisin Chicken
Savoury and simple, this Asian-inspired dinner comes together in about 20 minutes with just a few ingredients.
- 1 lb dried rice vermicelli noodles
- ¼ cup toasted sesame oil
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut in ½-inch cubes
- Kosher salt
- ½ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 5 cups thinly sliced shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 carton (5 oz/142 g) arugula or baby spinach
- Sriracha chili sauce
- Bring pot of water to boil. Turn off heat and add noodles. Soak them until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and transfer to baking sheet lined with paper towels. Pat dry. Toss noodles with 2 tbsp sesame oil.
- Toss chicken with remaining sesame oil and salt
- Mix together hoisin sauce, soy sauce and vinegar.
- Heat half oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink, about 4 minutes. Add spinach and cook until it wilts, about 1 minute. Add hoisin mixture and cook, stirring until the chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes. Transfer to bowl.
- Wipe out skillet with paper towel. Heat remaining oil over medium heat. Divide noodles and put a small batch in pan, forming a pancake. Sprinkle with salt and cook until bottoms are lightly browned and crisp, about 5 minutes. Flip, sprinkle with salt and cook until the other side is browned and crisp, about 4 minutes. Continue with remaining noodles.
- Transfer to serving plates. Top with chicken mixture and serve with chili sauce.
Makes 4 to 6 servings
Only the finest ingredients will do.
Before making these great dishes, be sure to stop by Relish Retail. We've stocked our store with items we love to use ourselves, including gourmet recipe essentials from around the world. From Spanish saffron to Madagascar vanilla, our pantry staples will help you add flourish to any meal.