Crisp Winter Greens with Tarragon Vinaigrette
A well-dressed salad is a light and refreshing opening course for a rich raclette main.
- 2 tbsp minced shallot or green onion (white part only)
- 3 tbsp tarragon vinegar (available at Relish Cooking Studio)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 cups watercress or baby arugula
- 3 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 3 cups torn frisée lettuce
- Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine shallot, tarragon vinegar and olive oil. Shake well to combine and set aside until ready to dress salad. (Vinaigrette can be made up to 3 days in advance; refrigerate until ready to use.)
- In a large bowl, toss together watercress, red leaf lettuce and frisée greens. Drizzle with reserved dressing and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Makes 8 servings
Only the finest ingredients will do.
Before making these great dishes, be sure to stop by Relish Retail. We've stocked our store with items we love to use ourselves, including gourmet recipe essentials from around the world. From Spanish saffron to Madagascar vanilla, our pantry staples will help you add flourish to any meal.