Cranberry-Orange Bread Pudding
This delicious bread pudding can be served as a brunch or dessert. Best made the day before, it uses our Cranberry Orange Marmalade from Stonewall Kitchens. To give it that extra flair, we like to drizzle it with Stonewall Kitchens Dulce de Leche sauce..WOW!
- 1 tbsp butter
- 6 cups 1-inch dry bread cubes, cut from day old bread
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 cups light cream or milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 jar (13 oz/368 mL) Stonewall Kitchens Cranberry-Orange Marmalade or marmalade of your choice
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/2 cup Stonewall Kitchens Dulce de Leche Sauce
- Whipped cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with butter and place cubed bread in baking dish and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs until lightly beaten. Add whipping cream, light cream, sugar, marmalade and dried cranberries; mix well. Pour evenly over bread cubes, pressing bread down bread with a spatula to soak up the egg mixture. Let stand for 15 to 20 minutes, or cover and refrigerate overnight.
4. Before baking sprinkle with almonds and white chocolate (if using). Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until custard is set and top is golden brown.
5. To serve, heat Dulce de Leche sauce in microwave for 1 minute to warm through, stir well. Drizzle over top of bread pudding. Cut into squares and serve warm with a dollop of whipped cream.
Makes 8 servings
Only the finest ingredients will do.
Before making these great dishes, be sure to stop by Relish Retail. We've stocked our store with items we love to use ourselves, including gourmet recipe essentials from around the world. From Spanish saffron to Madagascar vanilla, our pantry staples will help you add flourish to any meal.