Molten chocolate cakes became famous for a reason: they're cakey on the outside with an irresistible center of warm dark chocolate flowing through the middle. The first time you try one, it may seem like magic, but this recipe is actually quite easy to make and ready in under an hour.
- Softened butter for ramekins
- 100 grams dark 50-60% is best (about 4 oz)
- 100 grams unsalted butter, cut in ½ inch cubes
- 100 grams sugar
- 2 eggs
- 50 grams all purpose flour
- Generously brush the interior of four 6-oz ramekins with softened butter.
- Melt the chocolate and the butter in a bowl placed over a pot of hot, simmering water.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs together with the sugar until thick, then stir in the flour and mix it well.
- Pour the melted chocolate slowly into the egg mixture and mix well.
- Pour the dough into prepared ramekins and chill for at least 30 minutes – or make them a day ahead and store in the fridge or freezer.
- Heat the oven to 400° Remove ramekins from the refrigerator and bake 9 to 11 minutes or until the tops have formed a crust. Remove immediately and let them rest for 5 minutes in the ramekins.Turn out of the cups onto a plate and serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
These Are Perfect For This Recipe:
Made from HR® ceramic (High Resistance), our ramekins diffuse the heat evenly for controlled, natural cooking of your fondants, crumbles and flans … and can go directly from the freezer to the hot oven. Our highly resistant glaze protects your ramekin against scratches and chips, and it can be put in the dishwasher without losing its colour. All Emile Henry products are made in France and offer a ten years guarantee
Only the finest ingredients will do.
Before making these great dishes, be sure to stop by Relish Retail. We've stocked our store with items we love to use ourselves, including gourmet recipe essentials from around the world. From Spanish saffron to Madagascar vanilla, our pantry staples will help you add flourish to any meal.