These mojitos are fresh, delicious and pretty....perfect for a party or sipping on the patio!
- 1/2 cup turbinado (raw) sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 8-10 fresh mint leaves
- 1 oz simple syrup
- 1 cup Pitted and chopped fresh sweet cherries
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 ozes vodka
- 4 ozes soda water
- ice cubes
1. In a small saucepan, combine water and sugar; bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until sugar is dissolved. Refrigerate until chilled and ready to use. (Syrup can be made up to 2 hours in advance, or keep in a sealed container until ready to use.)
2. When you are ready to make your mojito, tear mint leaves into bottom of mortar and pestle or into the bottom of your glass. Add chopped cherries and lime juice and “muddle” together until blended. Add vodka and “smush” it a little more..(the more you blend it, the more the flavours come out.)
3. Pour cherry-mint mixture into a cocktail shaker. Add 1 oz simple syrup and ice cubes. Shake.
4. Fill a glass with ice cubes. Strain in mixture into glass. Add soda and stir. Serve with additional mint and cherries.
Makes 4 servings
Only the finest ingredients will do.
Before making these great dishes, be sure to stop by Relish Retail. We've stocked our store with items we love to use ourselves, including gourmet recipe essentials from around the world. From Spanish saffron to Madagascar vanilla, our pantry staples will help you add flourish to any meal.