Breakfast Bowl with Salmon, Egg and Avocado
Who says rice has to a dinner starch? Start the morning off right with this protein packed bowl full of whole grain rice, eggs, kale and avocado with a topping of smoked salmon.
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 cup frozen chopped kale
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 2 slices smoked salmon, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 2 tbsp toasted pumpkin seeds
- Hot sauce, optional
- Heat 1 tbsp avocado oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add kale; season with salt and pepper. Cook stirring, until kale softens and is heated through, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Wipe the skillet and add remaining avocado oil. Crack eggs into pan and cook to desired doneness.
- Divide rice between two bowls and top with kale mixture, avocado, smoked salmon, egg, chives and pumpkin seeds. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with hot sauce if desired.
Makes 2 servings
Only the finest ingredients will do.
Before making these great dishes, be sure to stop by Relish Retail. We've stocked our store with items we love to use ourselves, including gourmet recipe essentials from around the world. From Spanish saffron to Madagascar vanilla, our pantry staples will help you add flourish to any meal.