Blueberries are one of the most beneficial foods you can eat. They contain compounds that support the health of the cardiovascular system, as well as eye health, cognitive function, and blood sugar stability. This sauce is not only healthy but it is super easy and quick to make. It is delicious swirled into yogurt, on top of baked oatmeal, on pancakes, over ice cream or with a sconce. Enjoy!
- 1 Tablespoon arrowroot powder, or cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 pint blueberries
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup or cane sugar
- 3 Tablespoons water
- In a small bowl, whisk the arrowroot in the lemon juice until dissolved. Set aside.
- Place the blueberries, maple syrup and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for 4 minutes.
- Add the arrowroot and lemon juice mixture and stir to combine. Simmer for another 3-4 minutes until blueberries are very soft and sauce has thickened.
- Serve warm over pancakes or ice cream or refrigerate up to 5 days for later use. Sauce will thicken as it sits and cools.
Only the finest ingredients will do.
Before making these great dishes, be sure to stop by Relish Retail. We've stocked our store with items we love to use ourselves, including gourmet recipe essentials from around the world. From Spanish saffron to Madagascar vanilla, our pantry staples will help you add flourish to any meal.