Barbecued Buffalo-ed Cauliflower
This is a perfect snack or side dish to serve for Father's Day. You might even hear dad say "this takes just like chicken".
- 1 head cauliflower, about 2 – 2 ½ lbs
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ cup plus 1 tsp sriracha hot sauce
- ¼ cup plus 1 tbsp Franks RedHot sauce
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbled
- Trim off leaves and some of the stem of the cauliflower so you have 1½ inches of stem exposed
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high (about 500° F). Place the cauliflower, stem side down on a foil baking pan or on a barbecue grill pan. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast with the lid down about 30 to 35 minutes or until tender and browned on top. Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
- Using a sharp knife, trim the florets into 3-inch long pieces (about the size of a chicken wingette) and cut the stem into slices. (Make Ahead: Cauliflower can be roasted up to this point and chilled for up to 2 days in advance.)
- In a large saucepan, combine sriracha and hot sauce. Heat over medium heat and add cauliflower; toss to coat with sauce. When the sauce begins to sizzle, add the butter, tossing and stirring often until the sauce is slightly creamy and cauliflower is heated through, about 3 to 5 minutes. Place in a serving bowl, sprinkle with blue cheese and serve immediately.
Only the finest ingredients will do.
Before making these great dishes, be sure to stop by Relish Retail. We've stocked our store with items we love to use ourselves, including gourmet recipe essentials from around the world. From Spanish saffron to Madagascar vanilla, our pantry staples will help you add flourish to any meal.