Bacon Wrapped Chicken Wings With Bourbon Glaze
Avoid Buffalo chicken burnout with these bacon-wrapped chicken wings. The homemade sauce uses pantry staples plus a twist of bourbon for the most killer wings you have ever had!
- 30 split chicken wings (not split)
- 30 slices bacon (thin sliced), cut in half
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp prepared horseradish
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2-3/4 cup bourbon or whiskey
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- Dash Dave's or Out Of The Box hot sauce
- Soak at least 60 toothpicks in water for an hour. Preheat oven to 375° Line 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil or parchment paper; set aside.
- Working with 1 wing at a time, wrap it with a ½ slice of bacon, starting at the top and spiraling to the bottom. Secure it with a couple of toothpicks. Season the bacon-wrapped wings liberally with the pepper. Place on prepared baking sheets, toothpick side down.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Turn chicken wings over and rotate baking pan. Bake 20 to 30 minutes longer or until golden brown and juices run clear when chicken is poked with a fork.
- Bourbon Glaze: Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and cook for 10 minutes over low-medium heat.
- Place chicken wings in a bowl and pour over half the sauce. Toss chicken wings in sauce then turn out onto serving platter. Serve warm with remaining sauce on the side for dipping.
Only the finest ingredients will do.
Before making these great dishes, be sure to stop by Relish Retail. We've stocked our store with items we love to use ourselves, including gourmet recipe essentials from around the world. From Spanish saffron to Madagascar vanilla, our pantry staples will help you add flourish to any meal.