Arugula Salad with Cherries, Chocolate and Chili Pistachios
Who says you can't put a little chocolate in a salad? Use a bittersweet chocolate rather than a milk chocolate bar. We love using locally-made Ambrosia Bean to Bar chocolate in many of our recipes and their 70 -75% bars have enough bitterness to give this salad a savoury kick.
- 1 carton (5 oz/142g) baby arugula, washed
- 1 cup pitted sweet cherries, cut in half
- 1 bar (80g) bittersweet dark chocolate, chopped*
- ½ cup shelled chili-flavoured roasted pistachios, chopped
- Vinaigrette (ours consisted of 3 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar and 1 tbsp maple syrup)
- Pinch Maldon salt flakes
- On a platter or in a salad bowl, place baby arugula. Top with pitted cherries, chocolate and pistachios. Drizzle with vinaigrette and sprinkle with salt and enjoy! Serves 4 to 6.
Only the finest ingredients will do.
Before making these great dishes, be sure to stop by Relish Retail. We've stocked our store with items we love to use ourselves, including gourmet recipe essentials from around the world. From Spanish saffron to Madagascar vanilla, our pantry staples will help you add flourish to any meal.