YOUTH SUMMER CAMP (AGES 10 – 14): In The French Kitchen
|General Admissionshow details +||$425.00 (CAD)*||Sold Out|
Sale Dates- The dates when this option is available for purchase.
Goes On Sale: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 9:00 am
Sales End: Monday, July 8, 2019 6:00 pm
Event Date Ticket Uses- The number of separate event datetimes (see table below) that this ticket can be used to gain admittance to.
Admission is always one person per ticket.
Access- This option allows access to the following dates and times.
* price does not include taxes
- Monday, July 8, 2019 - Friday, July 12, 2019
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Ignite your kids passion for cooking in our 1-week full day cooking camp learning how to prepare classic French dishes.
In our five-day “In The French Kitchen” cooking camp young teens ages 10 to 14 experiment hands-on with simple yet sophisticated French-inspired menus that they’ll enjoy recreating at home. Working with many local and international ingredients, they will learn the basics of cooking and baking techniques, menu planning, and organizing prep work. We will explore how to make dishes such as Oeufs en cocotte (Individual Baked Eggs), Veloute de Legumes (Creamy Vegetable Soup) and Poulet Roti (Classic Roast Chicken) plus create classic French baked good such as Croissants, Eclairs and Mousse au Chocolat. We will also volunteer in a community garden, take a tour of a local restaurant plus include a few fun field trips for an action-packed week of food and fun. Camp runs from 10 am till 4 pm. Cost is $425.00 per student and includes a copy of “In The French Kitchen With Kids” by Mardi Michels, all field trips and their “own-made” lunch and snacks. Space is limited. (Parents: If your child has a dietary restriction, please inform us. We try to accommodate wherever possible, within reason. We are not a gluten or nut-free facility.)
What To Expect In Our Hand-On Classes: Great cooking isn’t about recipes – it’s about techniques. In our classes, you’ll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment lead by our qualified instructors.
- Classes are for students 10 – 14 years old. If your child is younger than this, you must enquire with us directly regarding their registration.
- Students will work with other students in groups of 4.
- Hands-on classes are limited to 12 students.
- Students will be standing, working and cooking during cooking class time. Additional time will be spent on field trips and indoor & outdoor class activities.
- Students must wear comfortable, closed toed shoes and have long-hair tied back.
- Students will receive a coupon for a 15% discount on regular priced retail merchandise from our store.
Relish Cooking Studio recipes are developed using common cooking and baking ingredients that may or may not be specified in the menu titles, including various fruits and vegetables, nuts, meats, spices, wheat flours, etc. If your teen has a food allergy, please check before signing them up for the class. Adjustments to recipes cannot be made during class.