Travels Through India with Smita and Sanjeev (Demonstration-Style)
- Tuesday, May 7, 2019
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Join Smita and Sanjeev Chandra on a fascinating culinary journey from Portugal to India! Follow the travels of the Portuguese explorers as they set sail for India in search of spices. Their settlement in Goa led to a remarkable fusion of culture and cuisine, which you will taste in dishes like chicken Chamuça (samosas), seafood Paelha (paella), mint raita (yogurt relish) and Xacutti (assorted vegetables cooked in a spicy coconut turmeric sauce). Sample a dessert of Arroz doce (rice pudding) as you listen to Sanjeev narrate the intriguing history behind this unique cuisine, accompanied with a fascinating slideshow.
MENU: Chicken Chamuca (Samosas), Seafood Paelha (Paella), Xacutti (Vegetable Curry) with Mint Raita, Arroz Doce (Rice Pudding)
Meet The Instructor…Smita Chandra (www.smitachandra.com)
What To Expect In Our Demonstration Classes: Great cooking isn’t about recipes – it’s about techniques. Our classes focus on teaching students the methods and techniques to cook healthy, inspired dishes lead by our qualified instructors.
- Classes are for students 16 years and older and are 2 1/2 – 3 hours in length
- Demonstration classes mean you sit-back-and-enjoy while we do the cooking. This is a very interactive experience.
- Demonstration classes have a maximum of 24 guests.
- You’ll enjoy a generous portion of each dish
- You’ll receive 1 Relish point on your Preferred Customer Card plus 15% discount on regular priced retail merchandise the night of the class.