Thai One On (Hands-On)
- Thursday, May 23, 2019
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Who needs takeout? In this fun and informative class, you’ll learn how easy it is to make your favourite Thai dishes at home.
Tonight you’ll be introduced to many authentic Thai ingredients including how to make your own curry paste in order to make this unique, intensely flavoured Southwest Asian cuisine. We will begin with demonstrating how to make a homemade curry paste which you will use to make your delicious curry, rich with chicken and potatoes. You will also prepare a filling and learn to deep fry to make crispy spring rolls, a favourite Thai appetizer. (PLEASE NOTE: This class uses ingredients such as peanuts, meat and fish sauce. Because you are working in groups, unfortunately we cannot offer substitutions or alternatives.)
MENU: Crispy Spring Rolls with Sweet Dipping Sauce, Homemade Massaman Curry Paste*, Massaman Curry with Chicken, Mango and Sticky Rice ( *PLEASE NOTE: Massaman Curry Paste is made with peanuts. There will be no NO substitutions)
What To Expect In Our Hand-On Classes: Great cooking isn’t about recipes – it’s about techniques. In our classes, you’ll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment lead by our qualified instructors.
- Classes are for students 16 years and older and are 3 hours in length
- You will often work with other guests in groups of 4
- Hands-on classes are limited to 12 students
- You’ll be standing, working and cooking for most of the class
- Please wear comfortable, closed toed shoes and have long-hair tied back
- You’ll enjoy a generous portion of each dish
- You’ll receive 1 Relish point on your Preferred Customer Card plus 15% discount on regular priced retail merchandise the night of the class.