PD DAY – Kids In The Kitchen (Hands On)
- Friday, November 17, 2017
11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Come join us in the kitchen on your PD Day and learn to cook a meal you will be happy to serve anyone in your household.
In this fun afternoon, young chefs will practice essential kitchen skills and master the fundamentals of cooking. Teens will enjoy working alongside classmates learning techniques for everything from grilling and searing to baking from scratch. We’ll get hands-on and cover all the basics such as rules for handling knives, how to read and follow recipes, measuring and mixing, and the importance of kitchen safety. This cooking session is designed for kids aged 10 – 14.
Menu: Homemade Meatballs with Spaghetti, Homemade Caesar Salad, Brutti Ma Buoni (Italian Meringue Cookies)
What To Expect In Our Hand-On Classes: Great cooking isn’t about recipes – it’s about techniques. In our classes, you’ll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment lead by our qualified instructors.
- PD Day Classes are for students aged 10-14 years and are 3 hours in length
- You will often work with other guests in groups of 3
- Hands-on classes are limited to 9 students
- You’ll be standing, working and cooking for most of the class
- Please wear comfortable, closed toed shoes and have long-hair tied back
- You’ll enjoy a generous portion of each dish
- You’ll receive a 15% discount on regular priced retail merchandise the day of the class.