Gluten Free Passport to Southeast Asia (Demonstration-Style)
- Wednesday, March 20, 2019
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
What makes Southeast Asian cooking so special? Like many Eastern cuisines, its all about the yin and yang.
From sweet and salty, cooling and warming to fresh and fermented, Southeast Asian cuisine contains the brilliant balance of aromatics, sweet, heat, sour and fish-sauciness. The challenge can be finding dishes that are gluten free. Heavily influenced by China, Vietnam, Thailand and Cambodia, Southeast Asian cooking has many French influences from early 18th century colonization. Join Chef Jannell Lo as she brings this cultural cuisine to life, completely gluten free in our Relish kitchen. She’ll share the universal themes of rice and fish sauce, learn how to use fresh herbs and spices to create bright flavourful dishes plus she will show you how to create delicious curries that everyone can make at home.
MENU: Thai Green Apple Salad, Chicken Thigh and Squash Penang Curry with Jasmine Rice, Chile Jam Stir Fry with Seasonal Vegetables, Pandan Coconut Ice Cream/Coconut Chia Pudding with Seasonal Fruit
What To Expect In Our Demonstration Classes: Great cooking isn’t about recipes – it’s about techniques. We focus on teaching students the methods and techniques to cook classic and creative dishes lead by our professional and qualified instructors.
- Classes are for students 16 years and older and are 2 1/2 – 3 hours in length
- Demonstration classes mean you sit-back-and-enjoy while we do the cooking. This is a very interactive experience.
- Demonstration classes have a maximum of 24 guests.
- You’ll enjoy a generous portion of each dish
- You’ll receive 1 Relish point on your Preferred Customer Card for more savings plus 15% discount on regular priced retail merchandise the night of the class.