Mexican Street Food (Demonstration Style)
- Friday, January 19, 2018
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
It is said that over 75% of the population eats some of their best meals on the streets of villages, towns and cities all over Mexico. Tonight travel with us through the streets of some of Mexico’s favourite cities for the best of Mexican street food.
From snacks and beverages to massive sandwiches and platters of food no trip is complete without at least one meal whether it’s from a street cart, food truck or even under an umbrella. Tonight our instructor brings some of his favourite street foods to the table from his homeland in Mexico. See how to make homemade tortillas and pork carnitas, a favourite filling for tacos. You’ll also enjoy hand-made sopes, filled with Mexican chorizo, a dish you’ll rarely see in Mexican restaurants in Canada because the gorditas take so much time to make. Fresh tortillas, an awesome salsa and refried beans will all add to the street food taste experience. We’ll finish with a favourite dessert so come and enjoy a taste of street food, without leaving Waterloo.
MENU: Freshly made Tortilla Chips, Salsa Roja with Guajillo Chiles, Chiles de Arbol and Tomatillos, Freshly made Corn Tortillas, Pork Carnitas Tacos, Mexican Chorizo Sopes, Refried Beans, Bunuelos with Ice Cream and Cajeta (goat milk caramel sauce)
What To Expect In Our Demonstration Classes: Great cooking isn’t about recipes – it’s about techniques. Our classes focus on teaching students the methods and techniques to cook healthy, inspired dishes lead by our qualified instructors.
- Classes are for students 16 years and older and are 2 1/2 – 3 hours in length
- Demonstration classes mean you sit-back-and-enjoy while we do the cooking. This is a very interactive experience.
- Demonstration classes have a maximum of 14 guests.
- You’ll enjoy a generous portion of each dish
- You’ll receive 1 Relish point on your Preferred Customer Card plus 15% discount on regular priced retail merchandise the night of the class.