MASTERING THE CLASSICS: Osso Buco (Hands-On)
- Thursday, February 21, 2019
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Grand and classic, this braised veal dish from Northern Italy sustains you during the cold winter months.
Learning to make this dish will have you wanting to stay indoors this winter. The slow braised veal shanks are comforting and braised in a tomatoey vegetable-laced sauce. We will guide you through the traditional method of creating this dish and it’s time honoured partner, risotto alla Milanese. Basic knife skills, braising and the art of building flavours will all be covered. The meal will be rounded out with a seasonal salad and dessert. Come and learn how to create this sublime warm winter dish, perfect for hosting family and friends.
MENU: Osso Buco, risotto all Milanese, Cortina Salad, Chocolate Espresso Tiramisu
What To Expect In Our Hands-On Classes: Great cooking isn’t about recipes – it’s about techniques. MASTERING THE CLASSICS focuses on teaching students the methods and techniques to cook classic dishes lead by our qualified instructors.
- Classes are for students 16 years and older and are 3 hours in length
- Hands On classes mean you do the cooking. Following a brief introduction, a quick knife skills lesson and introduction to the menu, you will work at your own cooking station with up to 3 other students. Your dessert may be housemade.
- Demonstration classes have a maximum of 12-16 guests.
- You’ll enjoy a generous portion of each dish
- You’ll receive 1 Relish point on your Preferred Customer Card plus 15% discount on regular priced retail merchandise the night of the class.