MASTERING THE CLASSICS: Know Your Gnocchi (Hands On)
- Monday, May 13, 2019
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Mastering The Classics focuses on teaching students the methods and techniques required to cook classic dishes.
In tonight’s class, we delve into the world of Italian cooking. First we’ll serve you up a quick tomato appetizer that is always a winning favourite. Then everyone will get into the fun of learning how to make fresh gnocchi and gnudi, the pillowy dumplings made from potatoes or ricotta cheese. Everyone will prepare two easy pan sauces to serve with their dumplings. Learn how to make a simple Italian vinaigrette for a tasty salad. We finish the evening off with the simplest of desserts – a refreshing lemon and raspberry ice dessert.
MENU: Bruschetta, Potato Gnocchi with Leeks and Spring Peas, Spinach Ricotta Gnudi with Gorgonzola Sauce Sauce, Lemon Raspberry Granita
What To Expect in our Hands-On classes: Great cooking is about more than recipes—it’s about techniques. In our classes you’ll work together with students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional instructors.
- Classes are 3 hours, unless otherwise noted
- You will work with other students in groups up to 4
- Hands-on classes are limited to 12 students
- You will be standing, cooking and working for most of the class
- Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes and have long hair tied back
- You will enjoy a generous taste of every dish
- Students receive 15% off in-store purchases the day of class