MAKE & TAKE: Tourtière + FREE BIA Heritage Pie Plate (Hands On)
- Thursday, December 6, 2018
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Tourtière, is a French-Canadian meat pie encased is flaky pastry traditionally served on Christmas Eve. Join us tonight in our hands-on class where we will show you how to make this classic savoury pie.
Donna-Marie will demonstrate how to make perfect flaky pie pastry and then you’ll create the savoury filling for the tourtiere. Working alongside students you will assemble your own pie and take home your creation to serve for the holidays. You’ll enjoy a slice of tourtière to eat during the class plus you’ll make a sweet dessert with leftover pastry. The best part – everyone will take home their tourtière home in a French-made Emile Henry 9-inch deep dish pie dish. Everyone attending will receive a 9-inch Heritage pie dish. Great for baking pies, tarts or savory quiches and potpies, (BIA Heritage Pie Plate Retail Value: $22.00)
MENU: No Fail Pastry, Traditional Canadian Pork & Beef Tourtière, Cranberry Apple Galette
What To Expect In Our Hand-On Classes: Great cooking isn’t about recipes – it’s about techniques. In our classes, you’ll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment lead by our qualified instructors.
- Classes are for students 16 years and older and are about 3 hours in length
- You will often work with other guests in groups of 2
- Hands-on classes are limited to 8 students
- You’ll be standing, working and cooking for most of the class
- Please wear comfortable, closed toed shoes and have long-hair tied back
- You’ll enjoy a generous portion of each dish
- You’ll receive 1 Relish point on your Preferred Customer Card plus 15% discount on regular priced retail merchandise the night of the class.