Honey, Let Me Explain + Candle Making Workshop (Demonstration-Style)
- Tuesday, May 14, 2019
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Collected from the nectar of flowers by hardworking bees, honey has always been lauded as one of nature’s super-foods.
Tonight we are joined by local bee-keeper Catherine Young and owner of The Backyard Honey Company as she and Donna-Marie give you an inside scoop on the benefits of using and cooking with honey. Like a fine wine, learn about its production, flavour, complexity and consistency as well as the wonder health benefits it can provide. Donna-Marie will prepare a meal featuring this indispensable pantry staple. After we’ve tasted and learned all there is to know about honey, Catherine will lead you through a candle making workshop using pure beeswax. Everyone will have a chance to make their own beeswax tea light candle to take home.
MENU: Yogurt Cups with Homemade Honey Roasted Granola & Rhubarb Compote, Honey Roasted Carrot Salad with Yogurt and Cinnamon, Lemon and Honey Chicken Skewers, Hazelnut Honey Cake with Poached Berries
What To Expect In Our Hand-On Classes: Great cooking isn’t about recipes – it’s about techniques. In our classes, you’ll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment lead by our qualified instructors.
- Classes are for students 16 years and older and are 3 hours in length
- You will often work with other guests in groups of 2 to 4
- Hands-on classes are limited to 12 students
- You’ll be standing, working and cooking for most of the class
- Please wear comfortable, closed toed shoes and have long-hair tied back
- You’ll enjoy a generous portion of each dish
- You’ll receive 1 Relish point on your Preferred Customer Card plus 15% discount on regular priced retail merchandise the night of the class.