French Eclairs At Home (Hands On)
- Saturday, June 22, 2019
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Think you need a pastry degree to make eclairs? Not at all. Join us in our kitchen and learn how to make homemade French eclairs for your home.
You’ll begin by learning how to make choux pastry – the basic pastry of all French eclairs. Then we’ll move on to piping and baking the crisp dough. Then you’ll whisk together a batch of vanilla pastry cream and chocolate glaze to fill and top the eclairs. Everyone will get in the fun of filling their own eclairs and of course we’ll sit down to enjoy the fruits of our labours with a delicious afternoon cup of coffee. How sweet is that!
MENU: Pâte à Choux, Vanilla Pastry Cream, Dark Chocolate Glaze
What To Expect In Our Hands-On Classes: Great cooking isn’t about recipes—it’s about techniques. In our classes you’ll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional instructors.
- Classes are for students 16 years and older and are 3 hours in length
- You will work with other students in groups
- Hands-on classes are limited to 12 students
- You will be standing, cooking and working for most of the class
- Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes and have long hair tied back
- You will enjoy a generous taste of every dish
- Students receive a coupon good for 15% off in-store purchases the day of class