Festive French Macarons (Hands-On)
- Monday, December 10, 2018
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Talk about love at first bite! From the moment a macaron’s crisp meringue crunch gives way to a smooth, delectable filling, you may forget all other cookies exist.
These colorful French confections can be tricky to make, but after you master techniques from meringue making to macaronage, you’ll love creating your own scrumptious macarons at home. We will share the secrets for incorporating seasonal flavors, piping with precision, and even achieving the perfect pied (foot). Plus, we’ll explore fillings like flavored buttercreams and ganaches so you can create your own tasty variations for the holidays. When you present these spectacular treats to friends and family, they’re sure to say “Ooh la la!” (We will be serving a light meal to serve along with the macarons).
MENU: Peppermint Macarons with White Chocolate Ganache, Pistachio Macarons with Dark Chocolate Buttercream
What To Expect In Our Hands-On Classes: Great cooking isn’t about recipes—it’s about techniques. In our classes you’ll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional instructors.
- Classes are for students 16 years and older and are 3 hours in length
- You will work with other students in groups
- Hands-on classes are limited to 8 students
- You will be standing, cooking and working for most of the class
- Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes and have long hair tied back
- You will enjoy a generous taste of every dish
- Students receive a coupon good for 15% off in-store purchases the day of class